Liquid Facelift vs. Traditional Facelift
By Dr. William Cohen on August 22, 2012
As we age, our skin loses its elasticity. This leads to sagging skin and can make our facial features look older than our actual years. In addition, fine lines and wrinkles appear as a result of exposure to natural elements and years of making facial expressions. Many men and women are looking for a way to turn back the hands of time and refresh and rejuvenate their appearance. Dr. William C. Cohen, a leading Orange County plastic surgeon, can give patients the more youthful appearance they desire. For Dr. Cohen’s Orange County patients, a traditional facelift or liquid facelift may be performed to address signs of aging on the face. Learn more about these two procedures.
For Dr. Cohen’s patients in Orange County, facelift surgery is an option for lifting and tightening the skin, as well as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Each facelift surgery will be unique to address the patient’s areas of concern. If you choose to undergo a traditional facelift, you can expect your results to be permanent. We can remove and tighten skin to help you obtain your desired results. As with all surgical procedures, there is a chance of complications from a facelift. Dr. Cohen will go over the facelift procedure with you and help you decide if a traditional facelift is the best option for you.
Patients who would like to avoid surgical procedures should consider the liquid facelift. For a liquid facelift, Dr. Cohen uses injectables and dermal fillers to lift, fill, and contour the face to produce results that patients may expect from a traditional facelift. Dr. Cohen is considered an expert at rejuvenating the skin with dermal fillers. Some of the injectables offered by Dr. Cohen include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified toxin that is injected into the skin to relax muscles and temporarily reduce the signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane®: Restylane® is dermal filler. It is injected to fill lines and wrinkles and can also be used to plump lips. Restylane® is made of a natural substance found in the human body so there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
- JUVÉDERM™: JUVÉDERM™ is an injectable gel that is also a dermal filler. JUVÉDERM™ can be used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and improve the appearance of lips. JUVÉDERM™ offers longer results than many other dermal types of fillers.
- Sculptra®: Sculptra® provides more volume than traditional dermal fillers. Sculptra® can be used to treat large skin folds and recessed facial features such as hollowed cheeks and sunken eyes.
- Perlane®: Like Sculptra®, Perlane® can also be used to fill in sunken facial features. In addition, Perlane® can successfully correct wrinkles and fine lines.
Dr. Cohen can give you more information about these injectables and let you know how they can be used to give your face a fresh and youthful appearance without surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about the options we have available to reverse the signs of aging. Dr. William C. Cohen is happy to answer any questions you may have and help you make a decision regarding the best treatment options for you.
Related to This
“I honestly can’t say enough good things about Dr. Cohen. First and foremost I never have to wait long which is a huge plus, he is straightforward in a good way, he is very personable which you don’t find too much anymore with doctors. And of course when you're an awesome Doc you have an awesome front and back office crew.” Cheri O.