No Laughing Matter: Treatment for Nasolabial Folds
By Dr. William Cohen on December 29, 2014
Although aging is a lifelong process, the signs of aging can seem as though they strike in an instant. One day you are feeling and looking young and vital, and the next you are fretting over those first lines at the corners of your eyes or folds in your brow. And then there are those laugh lines that, despite their name, are not one bit funny.
Fortunately, with non-surgical treatments such as Restylane® and a variety of advanced facelift techniques, laugh lines - clinically known as nasolabial folds - can be held in check while you continue to enjoy smooth, youthful facial skin for many years more. At THE SKIN CENTERx in Orange County, nasolabial folds treatment of the highest standard is available to our valued patients who wish to look as young and vibrant as they feel.
Don’t take aging lying down. Do something about it. Come to our state-of-the-art office to meet with esteemed plastic surgeon William C. Cohen and find out how you can have the last laugh in the fight against laugh lines today.
Nasolabial Fold Treatment Options
There are several possible treatments for nasolabial folds, both surgical and non-surgical. In choosing the treatment that is right for you, you will want to consider:
- Whether you are ready or willing to undergo an invasive surgical procedure
- How long you want your results to last
- How dramatic you want your results to be
- Whether you want to focus your results specifically to your nasolabial folds or to other areas of your face as well
During your consultation with Dr. Cohen, he will discuss these issues with you to help you establish clear goals and expectations for your treatment.
The treatment options available for nasolabial folds include:
- Mini facelift with implants: If you are just beginning to develop laugh lines and wish to address only the lower portion of your face, a mini facelift may be the ideal solution for you. During mini facelift surgery, cheek implants can be placed to restore lost volume to the area and further soften the appearance of nasolabial folds.
- Mid facelift: This technique addresses the area from the lower eyelids to the corners of the mouth. If you have moderate nasolabial folds and other wrinkles in this region but are unconcerned with the skin of your neck, chin, and jaw, then this may be the best option for you.
- Deep plane facelift: If you are experiencing severe sagging of the facial skin and deep nasolabial folds and other wrinkling, this technique may be most appropriate for your case. As its name implies, the deep plane facelift addresses wrinkling and sagging beneath the surface through the repositioning of the superficial musculo-aponeurotic system.
- Dermal fillers: Dermal fillers such as Restylane® and Perlane® can be strategically injected into nasolabial folds and other hollow areas of the face to restore volume for months at a time. Although temporary, injectable filler treatments such as these can be repeated as necessary.
Learn More about Treatments for Nasolabial Folds
To learn more about treatments for nasolabial folds, please contact THE SKIN CENTERx today.
Related to This
“I honestly can’t say enough good things about Dr. Cohen. First and foremost I never have to wait long which is a huge plus, he is straightforward in a good way, he is very personable which you don’t find too much anymore with doctors. And of course when you're an awesome Doc you have an awesome front and back office crew.” Cheri O.