Our Orange County plastic surgery patients experience many benefits after endoscopic brow lift surgery; these advantages include improved self esteem and a rejuvenated appearance. However, before treatment, it is important to also understand the potential risks and side effects of endoscopic brow lift surgery. To discuss your specific risks and potential side effects, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. William C. Cohen.
What Is the Endoscopic Brow Lift?
The endoscopic brow lift is a minimally invasive procedure designed to improve the appearance by lifting the brows. The endoscopic brow lift helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles along the forehead to create a more youthful appearance. Brow lifts are also beneficial in creating a more refreshed look.
Though endoscopic brow lift surgery is minimally invasive, there are some potential risks and complications associated with the procedure. In order to reduce your chance of risks and side effects, it is imperative that you discuss your medical history with your surgeon, and follow all instructions leading up to your surgery and after the procedure. The potential risks and side effects of endoscopic brow lift surgery include:
- Infection: Infection is a potential risk of any surgery. Follow your surgeon's instructions on cleaning and caring for your incisions following surgery and see your doctor at the first signs of infection.
- Loss of hair at the incision site: Some patients experience hair loss at the incision site. The hair may or may not grow back. Fortunately, the incisions used in endoscopic brow lifts are relatively small so hair loss, if any, is hardly noticeable.
- Trouble moving muscles of the forehead or brows: In rare cases, patients have difficulty moving the muscles of the forehead. Many see improvement over time, however, some never do.
- Scarring: As with any surgery, scarring is a potential risk. Scars left from endoscopic brow lifts are generally small and can often be hidden by the hair.
Are You a Candidate for Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery
Candidates for endoscopic brow lift surgery should be in good overall health and wish to improve the appearance of the brows and forehead. Both men and women make good candidates. Typical candidates are over the age of 40 and suffering from the signs of aging. Candidates for endoscopic brow lift surgery may experience one or more of the following:
- Droopy eyebrows
- Wrinkled brow or forehead
- Uneven eyebrows
- Tired looking
The Benefits of Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery
There are many benefits to endoscopic brow lift surgery. Because this procedure is minimally invasive, recovery time is generally quick and risks are low. Brow lifts have many long-term benefits like improved confidence, long-lasting results, and a more youthful appearance. Here are just a few of the many benefits Orange County endoscopic brow lift patients can expect to see:
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- Reduced facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Improved appearance
- More youthful, rejuvenated appearance
- Long-lasting results
- Correction of asymmetrical brows for a more even look
Schedule an Appointment
To discuss your specific risks and plastic surgery goals, we welcome you to schedule a consultation today.